- I’ve been homeschooling a friend’s niece. But this was my last week. It was a great experience, but it’s time to move on and now I get to focus on having one kid in homeschool, Emily! I haven’t had one kid in homeschool since Becca was in first grade.
- Becca, my oldest, had gall bladder surgery. Poor thing, but she’s done great!
- Emily had to have an MRI due to all of her headaches, but thankfully, they only found a beautiful brain and no damage from her concussion last year or any tumors! Praise the Lord!
- My hubby, Todd, had double knee surgery. Best thing ever! He had torn his meniscus in both knees and had some cleanup done. He’s getting around so good and doesn’t look like Festus from Gunsmoke anymore!
- Becca had another surgery that was completely unexpected last week. She had a knot removed from her bicep (it was huge and she has pics if you really want to see it, gross!) and we’re waiting to here back from pathology to find out what in the world it is. It had to be sent to Duke, so we told her she had an Unidentified Foreign Object (UFO), gave her a good laugh for a stressful situation. So now we wait….
- Emily has been sick off and on for the past two months or so. She has caught every bug that has gone around, which means so have I. Today we found out she has strep and probably me too.
- A friend and I did a Thanksgiving Day skit. It was so much fun! I got sweet potatoes thrown at me! It was awesome, just wait for me to upload the video and you’ll see!
- I did something I thought I’d never do…pull a Christmas play. Yep, I did it! In 17 years of working in drama ministry this is a first, but I’m good with it. It was for the best and I’ll save it for next year, maybe.
- I had a job interview and I’m waiting to find out if I got it. But I’m not sure that I want it. I really want to write, work on selling my books, blogging and taking it to the next level. I miss blogging. I didn’t know it had become so important to me, until I slowed way down this year.
- Emily and I helped decorate for her youth Christmas party and we made two large chalkboard backdrops. They were so pretty! They turned out so much better than I could have hoped for. You’ll see once I get the pictures edited and uploaded.
- I helped my aunt and uncle with cleaning out the family farm and said goodbye to it. That was so hard. But the time was precious spent with them hearing stories and reliving our lives there.
- We also said goodbye to our dog of 10 years, Boomer a few months ago and then last Thursday we said goodbye to our precious kitty of 14 years, Tuxedo. We’ll miss them terribly, but they are now with my mom in heaven and she adored them, so I know they’re in good hands.
- We also had two birthdays! Spencer, my baby boy turned 19 and Becca turned 21. Where did the time go?
It’s been crazy with lots of ups and downs over the past couple of months, but that’s life. Now it’s waiting for test results and getting ready for Christmas. I’m looking forward to it! All I can do is take a deep breath and know that all of this could be so much worse and that God’s got this. And in the words of my heroine,
“After all, tomorrow is another day.” – Scarlett O’Hara
P.S. Please visit www.tidymom.net for the pretty chalkboard image above.